Shop More Submit  Join Login
×




Details

Submitted on
September 1
Image Size
4.3 MB
Resolution
5184×3456
Link
Thumb
Embed

Stats

Views
1,076 (2 today)
Favourites
248 (who?)
Comments
58
×
Just a Bite... by MamzelleZephyr Just a Bite... by MamzelleZephyr
I was looking on the Internet to know the English & Latin name of this mushroom and found the latin one instead : Amanita muscaria (in the meanwhile I learnt it's called a toadstool in English). I thought it was poisonous when you ate it raw, which is quite true, but I learned it has... hallucinogenic properties! Maybe this is the one Alice in Wonderland took, who knows? I have a proof for that : if you look at the picture, you'll notice there is a piece of mushroom missing... ;)

Canon 7D + Sigma 17-70mm 2.8-4.5
70mm
Iso 400
1/60s
f/4.5

Post-process : contrast, sharpness, slight vignetting
Add a Comment:
 
:icondark-mel:
Dark-Mel Featured By Owner Oct 29, 2014
Très belle photo, on dirait une maison de Schtroumpf!
Reply
:iconmamzellezephyr:
MamzelleZephyr Featured By Owner Oct 30, 2014  Hobbyist Photographer
hi hi c'est vrai :) merci!
Reply
:icondark-mel:
Dark-Mel Featured By Owner Oct 30, 2014
^^
Reply
:iconelsapret:
Elsapret Featured By Owner Oct 27, 2014  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Stunning shot!!Happy Girl 
Reply
:iconmamzellezephyr:
MamzelleZephyr Featured By Owner Oct 26, 2014  Hobbyist Photographer
thank you very much, I'm honoured :hug:
Reply
:iconmissumlaut:
MissUmlaut Featured By Owner Oct 5, 2014   Photographer
As far as I know, the muscarine is in very variables quantities in  this mushroom (depends of places, seasons, whatever) , and  is present mostly  or only in the red skin.
So there are places where this is traditionnally consumed (without the skin).
Dont try this at home...I rembenber a terrible WE when a friend decided to give the dried thing a try, not to get high but to make the truth clear about toxicity. I was in a place where the cellphone was not working, so I went away every  two hours or so to try his number...With no results. I was worried and anxious and tried to calm down, telling myself that at worse, he was only sick as a dog...End of the WE and he was perfectly safe, having dropped the idea of his mushoom try and go hicking in the hills with no phone instead.
Reply
:iconmamzellezephyr:
MamzelleZephyr Featured By Owner Oct 5, 2014  Hobbyist Photographer
Wow, what a story ! :wow: I'm glad your friend was okay and I can imagine how worried you were...
Now I understand better why this mushroom is eaten in some parts of the world,  because it didn't make any sense for me that it was toxic and edible in the same time!
Reply
:iconmissumlaut:
MissUmlaut Featured By Owner Oct 5, 2014   Photographer
Yes, toxicity is debatable but this friend stubborness had worried me a lot and I was mad at him (but glad he renounced his experiment). He tends to make wild things out of sheer intellectual curiosity or funny creativity, but a likeable guy anyway.
The more plain looking amanita phalloides toxicity is not debatable.
Some very tiny mushrooms are used as a psychedelic drug : I suppose they are harmless since the people I know that took them( when it was fashionable !) where perfectly safe and normal after. Never got the nerves to try it myself, mostly I am afraid of my own vivid imagination.
The tricks of the chaman eating mushrooms and getting sick and pissing in a pot to drink the piss again because the metabolite of muscarine is more potent drug is not very appealling. Yuk !
Reply
:iconmamzellezephyr:
MamzelleZephyr Featured By Owner Oct 5, 2014  Hobbyist Photographer
ah ah yuk indeed ! :D
Reply
Add a Comment: